Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Should be a Banned Holiday

I have crawled out of my chocolate-induced coma long enough to write this post. I am living proof that a diet of only chocolate would probably kill you within a week. I received a large box of chocolates from my Hubby on the morning of Valentine's Day. Thinking I would save myself some calories. I skipped breakfast and lunch and only ate my chocolates.
     The physical effects of such a decision soon manifested. By the end of the day, my stomach was playing ping-pong with my chest. The next morning I dragged myself out of bed long enough to take the kids to school. A raging headache was barely soothed by another chocolate. Needless to say, I didn't get my run in that day. I did stagger on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I think that was a major accomplishment on its own.
     Two days later, I still have chocolates left. I'm not weighing myself for anything, and I still feel like ripping my head off.
     Starting Monday, I really need to get my calories under control. I have been awesome at my exercising: five days a week every week. So I need to concentrate on the food. I'm thinking a written chart might help.
    It would really help if food didn't taste so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment