Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Big-bummed Boot Camp Week 1

After a month of excess, I am ready to get moving. Last year was not my year for weight loss. Yesterday, when I entered in my weight in my fitday profile, I realized that I had actually gained 2 lbs from last year on the same date. BUGGER!
     So, boot camp has commenced. I am going to do the couch to 5k program. For those of you unfamiliar with that program, you can find it HERE. You basically go from not running to running a 5k (Which is just over 3 miles) within 9 weeks. So, on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I will be sucking in air, trying to run. On Tuesday-Thursdays, I will do cardio and weight training. Meanwhile, I will be following a lower-carb-but-not-completely-low-carb diet.
     If I stick to this boot camp for the next 9 weeks.Supposedly, I will have lost about 20 lbs and should be able to run a 5k race.
      Meanwhile, Hubby is going to take my bike apart, clean it really nice, and give it a new, spiffy paint job.  If all goes well, I will post a picture in March of  the Big-Bummed Girl and her Bike, both looking significantly better!
     To aid me with this goal, I will post weekly on how things are going. I will be completely honest, and tell you if I have cheated on my diet or stayed in bed instead of running. Anyone who wants to join in the program, let me know. It always rocks to have someone else suffering through the same misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment