Monday, January 9, 2012

Big-Bummed Boot Camp week 2

That was a wild roller coaster of a week; there were a lot of ups and downs. Big, big, big up: I lost 6 lbs in one week. Okay, okay, I know most of it was water weight. But still, 6 lbs is 6lbs. I'm taking it.
     The bad thing was I got sick Thursday night. So I didn't do my last run on Friday or Saturday. But the nasty cold is completely over and I was able to run again today.
     So how did the running go for Monday and Wednesday? It was amazingly hideous. Seriously, I have no lung capacity. The first day I thought I was going to die. After lifting weights the next day, I wanted to die so that the overwhelming pain jabbing throughout my body would disappear. With my run on Wednesday, not only was I sucking air the whole time, but every muscle in my upper body was screaming for me to just go back to bed.
    But, the first week is over. No more aching muscles, I ate really, really well, and the scale proved it. This week will be more of the same, but I am kicking it up a notch both in the running and the weight training. Any of you out there contemplating doing something to get moving. Go do it. You will appreciate it later. Not at first maybe, but definitely later.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I started working for the forest service back in 1965. The straw boss told us the first week we thought we were going to die. The second week we knew we were going to die! the third week we would think we might make it. He was so right.

    ReplyDelete