Monday, June 20, 2011

Delashmutt Lane

Today’s ride was the type of trip I envisioned when I determined to start riding bikes again. It was absolutely perfect.  Hubby and I once again took Old Sheridan highway and rode past the cemetery and church. Then we went left and crossed Highway 99 onto a road called Delashmutt Lane.
In spite of its name, Delashmutt Lane is the most scenic road that I have ever biked on. It was absolutely beautiful. There were lush fields of green wheat with a bright red barn in the distance. The fields were dotted with grazing cattle, and the sky was a perfect blue. When we rode past a small farm with three fuzzy donkeys, I had to stop and take a photo.  I didn’t want to forget any part of this beautiful ride.
On the way home, Hubby suggested we take Youngberg Hill Road back because it had a nice hill on it. I sensed a challenge in his words, and being the stubborn girl that I am, I took him up on it.
Yes, Youngberg Hill Rd is named correctly; it has a very large hill.  I biked the entire ways, and kept at a much faster speed than the last time I attempted to ascend a hill.  I think my lungs are actually getting stronger! 

This ride was by far my favorite ride. I want to do it again. I also felt awesome that I was able to ride 22.5 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment