Tuesday, June 14, 2011

McCabe church ride






I now know why I was meant to ride a bike. Today’s ride was amazing. We rode out on Old Sheridan Highway out into the foothills surrounding McMinnville. There was no traffic, and the temperature was perfect.
We rode out to an old cemetery. There we wandered around the gravestones, enjoying the fact that we were still alive. There is nothing like a cemetery to remind a person of what is important in life. Suddenly my favorite television shows and scores on computer games seem pretty inconsequential compared to the stark reality that someday I will be dead. I want to live my life so that I can look back when I am old and say, “my life rocked!”
After we left the cemetery, we rode up to the McCabe church, which is the most picturesque church I have ever visited. It is nestled among ancient oak trees overlooking the Willamette Valley. The view from the hill is breathtaking. If you ever have the chance to visit, I highly recommend it.
Rode 14 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment