Thursday, June 9, 2011

First ride on new bike

I have no lungs. Aliens have abducted me and replaced my lungs with something that only resembles the stupid organs. That is the only reasonable excuse I can find to explain the fact that I just about died today trying to keep up with my husband on his bike.  I was fine until we went up a little hill. Husband flew up it without any problems. I, on the other hand, haven’t completely figured out my shifting. Instead of going to a gear that would make it easier to climb that hill, I made it harder.
After struggling to pedal, going at a speed that is slower than what I can walk, I finally made it to the top of the hill. Then I had to stop and let my lungs recuperate. I did not think very kind thoughts about my husband at that time. I felt like beating his little skinny butt for making mine look so lazy. Note to self; always bring my inhaler on all rides.   
Rode 6.4 miles on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment