Friday, June 17, 2011

I seriously need a lung transplant


I think I’m going to die. There is no way my lungs will survive today’s ride. Hubby man suggested that I need to strengthen my lungs. So, we rode up a nasty, nasty hill. I admit, I failed on the first attempt.  I didn’t get my gearing correct, and didn’t drop my gears to the lowest gears.
Afraid that I would die right there on the hill, I started to walk. Hubby was super kind and patient with me. He waited at the top of the hill and explained to me how to get my gears to behave.  Then we had the most exhilarating ride down that hill. I got up to 41 mph! I decided that it was almost worth going up that hill just to experience the thrill of that downhill ride at such a breathtaking speed.  Of course, we had to turn around and go back up the hill.
I was so proud of myself.  I made it all the way up the hill without stopping.  There was an embarrassing moment when I looked down at my bike computer and noticed that I was only going 4 mph; but, I did it. I conquered that stupid hill!
Once again, I got to ride downhill too. I could seriously get addicted to going at that speed. Hubby thinks I should ride that hill more often. I must admit, I’m not that thrilled at the idea. It would be good if I did, maybe I would finally start reducing the size of my ample behind if I did.  
Rode 10.64 miles today

No comments:

Post a Comment